Yes, at this time, Eden Village West, together with all of our partners in the camping industry, currently plans to operate this summer. It is still several months until camp is scheduled to open. We will update enrolled families regularly as the situation develops over the coming months.
1) In the event camp is operating, but your child is prevented from attending by a travel restriction, sickness, or quarantine, you can protect your investment by purchasing Program Protector insurance. We highly recommend purchasing insurance by March 22nd, 2020 as these plans may not continue to be offered. See below in the “Insurance” FAQ section for more info on plan options, coverage details, and how to purchase.
2) If you are unable to afford the insurance plans or unable to purchase, please contact Nava Sherwood at 510-822-2196 or email@example.com.
3) Families who choose not to purchase Program Protector insurance will be reimbursed according to our Terms of Enrollment
Yes – in the event your child’s session of camp is canceled, we will refund all paid fees.
As long as there are spots available in later sessions, we will make every effort to accommodate families and campers impacted by quarantines or travel restrictions. Please email Nava Sherwood at firstname.lastname@example.org to switch your camp session.
Camp is strongly recommending that families consider purchasing insurance as soon as possible and by no later than Sunday, March 22nd. Please read through the information below and call our office at (510) 560-5610 or email Nava at email@example.com if you have any questions!
Eden Village West’s insurance partner offers two insurance plans for enrolled families, often referred to as “trip insurance”. There are two plans:
1) Standard Plan, covering cases where the child becomes sick or otherwise can’t attend camp because of a covered reason;
2) Enhanced Plan, which includes all the same protections as the Standard Plan, additionally offers “Cancellation for Any Reason.” As an example, this plan would also allow a parent to withdraw their child from camp over fears of the virus, and get some of their registration fees covered.
**All cancellations must be made at least two days before the camp session begins; the coverage must be purchased before the final camp payment.**
The Standard Plan does not include the Cancel For Any Reason benefit. Under the Standard Plan, if a parent cancels their registration due to their camper or family member contracting Coronavirus, or due to a mandated quarantine of the camper, there may be coverage with proper documentation. A sickness must occur during coverage and require medical treatment at the time of cancellation.
The Enhanced Plan includes a Cancel For Any Reason benefit. In addition to actual sickness or travel restrictions, the Enhanced Plan can offer coverage for families that cancel because of worry or concern. Under the Enhanced Plan, regularly covered reasons can provide full financial coverage, while the umbrella “Cancel For Any Reason” benefit provides financial coverage based on the structure listed below. In these cases, Eden Village West will refund you the remaining amount not covered by the insurance, enabling you to receive a full refund.
Program Protector is only available to campers residing in the United States.
Yes, parents who have already registered their children are still eligible to purchase insurance as long as coverage is purchased before the final camp payment.
If you have already paid for camp in full as of March 15, 2020 and you are therefore unable to purchase Program Protector insurance, Camp will be able to offer you a refund if you need to cancel for reasons relating to COVID-19.
If you have questions or want to purchase coverage now, you have two options:
1) View more information and purchase Program Protector online. Make sure to purchase the coverage applicable to your state of residence.
2) By phone, call the Customer Service Specialists at Program Protector at 1-800-423-3632. The code you will need to provide for Eden Village West is EDEN6176CA and refer to plan #’s F530S (Standard) and F530E (Enhanced).
If you are unable to afford the insurance plans or unable to purchase, please contact Nava Sherwood at 510-822-2196 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only if it is within 14 days of purchasing the plan – and you would need to call the insurance company directly to cancel the standard policy, then re-enroll in the enhanced policy. You can do this by phone by calling the Customer Service Specialists at Program Protector at 1-800-423-3632. The code you will need to provide for Eden Village West is EDEN6176CA and refer to plan #’s F530S (Standard) and F530E (Enhanced).
After 14 days, you cannot upgrade, unfortunately.
Eden Village West operates under the permit and guidelines of the California State Department of Health. We work very closely with the Health Department all year, and are in especially close contact and coordination with them now.
During the summer, the Health Department monitors our health center logs and speaks with our medical team when necessary.
The Health Department will also make the final call on all operating recommendations and limitations implemented at camp.
Eden Village West collaborates with a large network of camp professionals and medical experts. We work with medical and industry professionals to review recommendations from the CDC, the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Camp Association, JCamp 180, the Foundation for Jewish Camp, other camp colleagues and professionals, local health officials, and our own camp doctor and nurse.
Absolutely. We have robust plans for all contingencies that we update regularly with our partners. These include provisions for housing, sanitizing, staffing, communication, and other relevant care provisions. The health and safety of our campers are always our top priority.
During the summer, you can call us at (510) 560-5610 at any time. From 6:00 pm to 9:00 am, you’ll get a voicemail system, where one of the options is an emergency extension that rings our phones. If it is not an emergency, you can leave a message or email email@example.com.